Tải bản đầy đủ - 18trang
Reading the dialogue - Have students read the dialogue between An and Ba about the
- Have students read the outline of an exposition in column A and put the paragraphs in column B in order to match the sections in
A. Answer keys:
1. Introduction: I don’t believe there exist UFOs even though Many new sappers talk a lot about them.
2. Body: Firstly, flying saucers might be aircrafts, balloons clouds or tricks of light. Secondly, there are not enough photos showing
clearly the shapes of the UFOs. Moreover, if there are UFOs, there will certainly be traces of their landing on the ground.
3. Conclusion: There fore, UFOs are just the imagination of some writes and they do exist only in films for entertainment.
III. Reading the dialogue - Have students read the dialogue between An and Ba about the
existence of UFOs. - Give students some questions to make sure they understand the
dialogue. Comprehension questions:
1. Does An believe there are UFOs? No, he doesn’t
2. Does Ba believe in UFOs? Yes, he does
3. What does An think about UFOs? He think that is might be people’s imagination
4. Why does Ba think UFOs exist? Because newspapers talk a lot about UFOs and many people
around the world say they are having seen flying saucers? 5. What evidence makes Ba believe in UFOs?
There are plenty of photos of them and the mysterious circles on the fields
- Call on some students to answer the questions. - Correct their answers
- Ask students to practice asking and answering in pairs. Writing:
- Get students to use Ba’s opinion to write an exposition about the existence of UFOs.
- Let students write the exposition individually then share with their partners and correct mistakes by themselves.
Suggested writing: “I believe UFOs exist because article and reports in newspapers
talked a lot about their appearance. First, many people from different countries reports that once saw
flying saucers. Second, there are many photos of flying saucers and some of the
photographers said they saw man – like creatures get out of the saucers.
Moreover, people are discussing the mysterious circles on the fields in the countryside of Great Britain.
Pair work Individual
work Pair work
So I think UFOs are not human’s imagination. They are real; and we should be ready to welcome their visits”
Correction: - Collect some writing to correct the mistake before the class.
- Call on some students to read aloud their writings. - Get students to write an exposition, using An’s opinion.
UNIT 10: LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS
Lesson 5: Section
- Listen page 3
- Language Focus 1 - 2 Period 67:
I. AIM Listening for details to complete a table and further practice in modal verbs – may,
might. II. OBJECTIVE
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to know more about the moon by listening and relative pronouns who – which – that.
III. TEACHING AIDS