Tải bản đầy đủ - 18trang
OBJECTIVE TEACHING AIDS Pre-teach vocabulary - microorganism n: vi sinh vật translation Revision of model verbs: may – might Form: Maymight + infinitive Drill - Use the drawing to drill
UNIT 10: LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS
Lesson 2: Section
- Speaker page 85
Period 64: I. AIM
Practice speaking about Mars.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to talk to one another about what they think there might be on Mars, on the moon and on other planets.
III. TEACHING AIDS
Text books, pictures, posters.
Steps Activities Work
Word square S
Sun Mars Hoả
Moon Mercury Thủy
- Ask students some questions about the solar system. Which planet is the nearest to the sun? M
Which is the biggest? Which is the hottest?
I. Pre-teach vocabulary - microorganism n: vi sinh vật translation
- gemstone n: đá quý relia - sparkling adj: lấp lánh realia
- creature n: sinh vật translation - trace n: dấu vết visual
- mineral n: khoáng sản example Checking vocabulary: Rub out and remember
- Rub out the new word one at a time. Each time you rub out the word in English, point to the Vietnamese translation and ask
students to repeat in English. When all the English words are rubbed out go through the Vietnamese list and get the whole class
to call out the English words.
II. Revision of model verbs: may – might Form: Maymight + infinitive
Use: We use may, might to talk about present or future possibility.
- Might is normally a little less sure than may.
Production II. Matching
- Set the scene: A space tourist traveled to Mars, he saw many things there and noted them down. These are drawing of things.
Try to guess and match the drawings with their names. - Number from 1 to 7 from left and right.
1 Minerals] 2 Water
3 Mountains 4 Plants
5 Little creatures 6 Gas
II. Drill - Use the drawing to drill
Exchange: what’s this? This may be water on Mars.
1. What are they? They may be minerals on Mars
2. What are they? They might be plants on Mars
3. What’s this? This may be gas on Mars
4. What are they? They may be gemstones on Mars.
5. What are they? The may be little creatures.
III. Practice the dialogue - Have students practice the dialogue between Nam and Hung on