Tải bản đầy đủ - 69trang
Techniques: Teaching aids: Time: 45 minutes VI. Teaching procedures:
Trêng THCS S¬n LƠ
- Teacher asks some students to answer 1 p.38 - Teacher corrects their mistakes.
Homework - Do exercise 1 p38
- Copy the table p.38 in notebooks.
UNIT 5: THE MEDIA
Lesson 1: Getting started – Listen and Read 45 min
At the end of the lesson, students are able to talk about the media as well as to know something about the development of means of communication.
II. Language contents:
1. Vocabulary: Words refer to the media “town crier –
interactive TV – the latest news information – remote controls” 2.
Grammar: Gerund after some verbs
Miming; Pair Group work; Question – Answers.
IV. Teaching aids:
Cassette recorder; tape; illustrating pictures; visual aids; Flash cards; colored chalk’ student’s book
V. Time: 45 minutes VI. Teaching procedures:
Miming: Ss are divided into 5 groups - The leader volunteer of each group gets 1 card from the teacher then
mimes the activity the he she gets from the card. - The others of the group guess and say the name of the activity. Then
they write the name of the activity on the board. If the members of the group cannot say the name of the activity, the rest of the class can join
- Teacher elicits to the topic of the lesson by using the groups of words written on the blackboard.
- Pair work: Students listen to the tape 1
times and check the table books closed.
Listen and check the appropriate paragraph A, B, C, D
Grade 9 53 Teacher:
Ngun ThÞ Thu Hun
Trêng THCS S¬n LƠ
Television The latest news
Newspapers magazines Interactive TV
Town criers Remotes controls
- Students listen to the tape 2
times and check the answers. - Students read the text silently and complete the table p.41
- Teacher checks the student’s answers and explains new words if necessary. Students listen take notes.
- Group work: - Students ask answer the questions p.42
Teacher checks the student’s answers. Then students write the answer in their exercise books.
Students ask answer the questions about their favorite activities in their free time, the benefits of these actives if they
know and how much time they often spend on each activity.
- Teacher gives some advices if necessary. Consolidation
5’ - Students summarize the development of the media, using
works groups of works statements on the board. Homework 3’
- Read the text again and learn the vocabulary by heart.
Write some TV programs in your exercise books. Which programs do you like best? Why?
Grade 9 54 Teacher:
Nguyễn Thị Thu Huyền
Trờng THCS Sơn Lễ
UNIT 5: MEDIA
Lesson: Speak 45 min