Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Language focus: Language skills: Practice reading and writing skills. II. Teaching aids: Teacher’s: Teaching plan Students’: Textbook, workbook. III. Procedure: Organization: Checking up: Complete the sentences. Use the verbs in the box. Look at the pictu
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2008
9B: 2008 9C: 2008
life on other planets Language focus
By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to: + Master the use of modal verbs: “may” and “might”
+ Distinguish the deference between conditional sentences type 1 and type 2 and use them properly.
1. Language focus:
Vocabulary: Revise Grammar: + maymight + bare – infinitive
+ Conditional sentence: type 1 + Conditional sentence: type 2
2. Language skills: Practice reading and writing skills. II. Teaching aids:
1. Teacher’s: Teaching plan
pictures, extra – board.
2. Students’: Textbook, workbook. III. Procedure:
2. Checking up:
- Perform your writing you wrote in the last period.
3. New lesson: Teacher“s activities
Students“ activities 3.1. Warm up:
- Let Ss play the game Jumbled words. - Write the new words in the wrong order.
1. aolobnl 2. ecrasru
3. ertnmgau - Group work.
Answers: 1. balloon
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 84 -
4. nilea 5. …….
3.2. presentation and practice 1: - Help the Ss to review the usage of modal
verbs “may” and “might”. - Ask Ss to work with a partner. Use “may”
or “might” and talk about Andy’s presents. - Tell Ss to compare their answers with a
friend - Call on some Ss to read their answers in
front of class. - Feedback and give correct answers
3.3. Presentation practice 2:
- Help Ss review the form and the usage of conditional sentence type 1.
- Ask Ss to make sentence using conditional sentence type 1. Make sure Ss use the correct
verb form in “if clause” and main clause .
- Tell Ss to do exercise 2. - Call on some Ss to read the complete
sentences aloud in front of class. - Correct mistakes if any.
- Feedback and give correct answers. 3.4. Presentation and practice 3:
3. argument 4. alien
- Whole class and individual work. 1. May and might:
= maymight + V_inf
b. It might be a box of crayons, or it might be a box of paint
c. It s might be a football, or it might be a ’
basketball. d. It may be a boat, or it might be a train.
e. It may b a flying saucer, or it might be a meteor.
f. It might be an evening star, or it might be a spacecraft.
2. Complete the sentences. Use the verbs in the box.
Conditional sentence: type 1
If clause Main clause
If + S1 + Ves,s
S2 + will + V •
+ Conditional sentence type 1 can be used to describe situations and consequences that are
possible in the present or future. - Whole class and pair work.
b. will miss , doesn t hurry ’
c. is not , will drop d. will join , finishes
e. writes , won t forget ’
3. Look at the pictures. Complete the sentence
conditional sentence: Type 2
If clause Main clause
Past simple Future in the past
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 85 -
- Compare and explain the 2 types of conditionals.
- Ask Ss to look at the pictures in the book and complete the sentences by using
conditional sentences type 2 - Tell Ss to exchange the exercise and correct
for each other. - Call on some Ss to read their answers
- Make necessary corrections and give correct answers.
If + S1 + Ved, irrg S2 + would + V
+ Conditional sentence type 2 can be used to describe imaginary and unreal or untrue
situations actions at present or in the future •
If Lan works hard, she will pass the exam If I had a lot of money, I would buy a house in
the center of the city.
b. If Mr. Loc Had a car, he would drive it to work
c. If Lan lived in HCM city, she would visit Sai Gon park water.
d. If Nam had an alarm clock, he would arrive at school on time.
e. If Hoa lived in Hue, He would visit her parents everyday.
f. If Nga owed a piano, she would play it very well.
g. If Tuan studied harder, he would get better grades
h. If Na had enough money, she would buy a new compute.