Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Language focus: Language skills: Practice speaking and listening skills. II. Teaching aids: Teacher’s: Teaching plan Students’: Textbook, workbook. III. Procedure: Organization: Checking up: New lesson: Teacher“s activities Speak: New words:
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2008
9B: 2008 9C: 2008
life on other planets Speak + listen
By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to: + Speak with a friend about things which might be on Mars such as water, little creatures,
minerals,…. + Be update with background knowledge about Mars and solar system.
+ Listen to a rather long talk about the moon and be more confident in true or false listening comprehension exercise.
+ Get more information about the moon.
1. Language focus:
Vocabulary: mineral, microorganism, gemstones, little creatures, sparkling spots, trace, precious, science for fun program, crater, and Olympic champion.
2. Language skills: Practice speaking and listening skills. II. Teaching aids:
1. Teacher’s: Teaching plan
Cassette, pictures, extra – board.
2. Students’: Textbook, workbook. III. Procedure:
2. Checking up:
- Talk about your guess. + What are OFOs?
+ What do UFOs look like? Student’s answers
3. New lesson: Teacher“s activities
Students“ activities 3.1. Warm up:
- Ask Ss to work in group of 3 to 4 and make good guesses about Math
+ What do you thing might be on the Mars? + Are there any people? Any plants?
- Group work.
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 76 -
- Gather ideas and comments. 3.2. Speaking:
- Introduce the new words.
While “ speaking:
- Ask Ss to work in pairs and practice the dialogue in the book.
- Keep Ss in groups and ask them to make up similar dialogues about the drawings, using the
cues in section as - Go around the class and provide help if
necessary. - Feedback and give suggested answers
Post “ speaking: - Ask Ss to work in group and discuss: tell each
other what you think might be on Mars on the moon and on other planets
- Encourage Ss to share and exchange ideas and background knowledge that they know about
planets. - Call on some Ss to make a presentation in
front of class - Give addiction about solar system see
supplements 3.3. Listening:
Pre “ listening: - Ask Ss to look at the book and explicit the
1. Speak: New words:
+ Minerals n: chất, khoáng sản + Microorganism n: vi sinh vật
+ Gemstones n: đá qúi + Little creatures n: sinh vËt nhá
+ Sparking spots n: vÕt lÊp l¸nh + Trace n: dÊu vÕt
+ Precious n: quÝ, quÝ gi¸ - Pair works.
1 . Phuong: What do these drawings say,
Minh? Minh: There might be plants in Mars
Phuong: And what about those dark shapes on the left conner?
Minh: Well they migh be sight of gas, there maybe some plants in Mars
2. Hung: What do these pictures say?
Hao: There may be mountains and Mars. Hung: And what about the wavy lines on the
right corner? Hao: Well, they might be water. There may
be some litter creatures in Mars.
- Group work. Student’s answers
2. Listen: New words: