Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Checking up: New lesson Warm up QA Write While - writing T: Have Ss write the story individually. Note that Ss
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2007
9B: 2007 9C: 2007
Unit 9: Natural disasters
By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to write a short story by using guided information and pictures
1. Language focus: Vocabulary: circle, shelter, scared, behave
2. Language skills: Practice writing skill II. Teaching aids
1. Teacher’s: textbook, teaching plant, sub-board 2. Students’: Textbook, workbook.
III. Procedure 1. Organization
2. Checking up:
T: Call on some Ss to answer the questions - What country has the most volcanoes?
- What is the definition of an earthquake?
3. New lesson
Teacher’s activities Students’ activities
1. Warm up QA
- Ask Ss some questions to lead in the lesson. + Have you ever written a story? What is it about?
+ How long did it take to you write it? + Did you write it in Vietnamese or in English?
+ Do you think it is a successful one? 2. Pre ’ writing
T: Ask Ss some questions to lead in the lesson. - Have you ever written a story? What is it about?
- How long did it take to you write it? - Did you write it in Vietnamese or in English?
T: Introduce the new words - Whole class.
Ss: Answer New words
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 62 -
T: Have Ss work in pairs to ask and answer about the pictures 1 to 6.
• Picture 1:
- What do you see in the first picture? - Who is she? Whats she doing?
- Whats the weather like?
• Picture 2:
- whats wrong with the dog? - Is he behave strangely
- What do you think is going to happen?
• Picture 3:
- who is in the picture with Lan? - What does she say?
• Picture 4:
- what is happening? - Where are Lans family members?
• Picture 5:
- is the wind strong? - What is the weather like?
• Picture 6:
- what do you see in the picture? - What are Lan and her parents doing now?
- Does the weather become good again?
T: Ask Ss to turn back on page 79 and study the outline of the story with the guided words
3. While - writing T: Have Ss write the story individually. Note that Ss
can make changes and add more details to the story to make it more interesting.
- Ask Ss to compare their story with a friend - Give suggested writing
Circle n: vòng tròn Shelter n: chỗ ẩn nấp
Scare a: sợ Behave v: có c sử, hành động c sö
It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the sky was blue and the
weather was perfect. Lan was outside playing with her dog, Skippy. All of a
sudden, the dog began behaving strangely. She kept running around in
circle. Lan ran home with her dog to tell her mother what Skippy was doing. Lans
mother, Mrs. Quyen told Lan that she heard on TV that there was a typhoon
coming. Mrs Quyen gathered her family and told them to find shelter in the
house. Suddenly, the sky because very dark.
The storm came with strong winds and heavy rain. Mrs. Quyen and her family
were scared, but soon the storm finished and everyone was glad. What a clever
dog skippy is. She saved Lan from being caught in the typhoon.
4. Drill T: Call on some Ss to read their own story