Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Join the sentences - Though, although, even though mỈc dï, Practice 5 Drill - Repeat the relative clause and Adverb clauses of concession Homework
3. Practice 2: T: Ask Ss to study the picture in the book and use
the relative clauses to describe each of the people in the pictures. Follow the example in the book.
Ss: Look at the example and do exercise in individual
- Compare the answers with a partner T: Call on some Ss to read their answers
- Give suggested answer
4. Presentation 3
T: Explain the meaning of though, although, even though + clause, and the examples.
4. Practice 3 T: Have Ss done exercise 3. join the sentences, use
the words in the brackets Ss: work in pairs
- Compare the sentences with a friend T: Call on some Ss to read their answers in front of
the class - Feedback and give correct answers. Notice that
there is not but in the complex sentences with though, though, even though
4. Practice 4
T: Tell Ss to do exercise 4. look at the picture and complete the sentences by using Thought,
although, even though use the correct tense of the verbs and the information
different people and their cultures f. On my moms birthday my dad gave her
roes, which were very sweet and beautiful g. Judy likes the fall moon festival, which
is celebrated in mid fall, very much. h. Tomorrow Ill go to the air port to meet
my friends, who come to stay with us during Christmas.
2. Describe each of the people in the pictures
Eg: - I am the boy who is wearing a while T -
Short - My aunt Judy is the woman who is
holding Jack Suggested answers
- Mom is the woman who is sitting in a armchair receiving a gift from the little
girl. - Dad is the man who is standing behind
my sister - Linda is he girl who is wearing a pink
dress giving a gift to mom. - Grandmother is the woman who is
wearing a violet blouse giving a gift to the baby
- Uncle John is the man who is wearing a pink jumper.
- Jack is the little boy who is sitting on his mothers Lap:
3. Join the sentences - Though, although, even though mỈc dï,
dï+ clause - These express the opposite ideas
Eg: Thu Ha is not satisfied with her preparations for Tet even though she has
decorated her house and made plenty of cakes
b. Although we dont have a mothers Day in Vietnam, Dad and I have special gift
and parties for my Mom very year on the 8
of March. c. we went to Hanoi to watch the parade
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 51 -
T: Let Ss check the answer for each other - Feedback and give correct answer
4. Practice 5
- Helps Sts to complete exercise 4 - Asks Ss to work in groups
- Let Ss check the answer for each other - Feedback and give correct answer
- Calls Ss to write down the answers on the board - Remarks and corrects the mistakes
on the National Day last year even though we live in Nam Dinh
d. Many tourists enjoy festivals in Vietnamese culture very much.
e. Event though in Australia Christmas season is in summer, Australian enjoy
Christmas as much as people in European countries do.
f. Although Jim came to the show late due to the traffic jam, he could see the main
part of the show. 4. Complete the sentences. Use the
correct tense of the verbs and the
a. although Mrs. Thoa was tired, she helped Tuan with his homework.
b. Even though Liz has an examination tomorrow, she is still watching TV now.
c. It rained yesterday although the weather bureau predicted the weather
would be fine d. Ba ate a lot of food although he wasnt
hungry. e. Even though the keyboard wasnt
working well, Mary tried to finish letter.
5. Drill - Repeat the relative clause and Adverb clauses of concession
- Join the sentences. Use relative clauses
a. She is a nurse. She took care of me. b. Is this the book? You want me to read it?
- Summarize the main points - Prepare UNIT 9 – getting started + listen and read
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 52 -
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2007
9B: 2007 9C: 2007
Unit 9: Natural disasters
GETTING STARTED ’ LISTEN AND READ