Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Students’: Textbook, workbook. III. Procedure Organization Checking up: 3. New lesson Warm up T: Call on a Ss to answer to questions Pre ’ speaking Speak New words: Post ’ speaking
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2007
9B: 2007 9C: 2007
Speak + listen
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to: - Give and respond to a compliment for common situations
- Complete a song by filling the missing words and update themselves with the information about one of the best known songs in English – speaking countries.
1. Language focus: Vocabulary: contest, take part in, charity program activities, activist, nominate.
acquaintance, bring to mind, kindness, trusty 2. Language skills: Practice speaking and listening skill
II. Teaching aids 1. Teacher’s: textbook, tape, cassettes, posters
2. Students’: Textbook, workbook. III. Procedure
2. Checking up: 3. New lesson
Teacher’s activities Students’ activities
1. Warm up T: Call on a Ss to answer to questions
- Do you usually give a compliment? On which occasion? To whom?
2. Pre ’ speaking
T: Teach vocabulary
T: Let Ss to play the game “slap the board”
3. Speak New words:
Contest English speaking contest n Competition n: cuéc thi
Take part in v: participate: tham gia Charity activities n: hoạt động từ thiện
Activist n: ngời năng động tham gia Nominate v: ghi danh, mệnh danh
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 40 -
T: Introduce the structure to give and respond to a compliment
T: Demonstrate by the first situation in the book “Trang has just won the first prize in the English
speaking contest” 3. While ’ speaking
T: Ask Ss to work in pairs. Read the situations in the book and then give and respond to appropriate
T: Call on some pairs to practice the dialogue before class.
4. Post ’ speaking
T: Tell Ss to work with another partner: think of the situations in which you can compliments your
friends and respond from hisher or them, then make up dialogues with your partner.
T: May give suggestions such as: + Passing the final entrance exam
+ Graduating from university
+ Winning the first prize in a singing contest + Having finished making a birthday card
T: Call on some pairs to practice the dialogue in front of class
- Feedback and give suggested answers. 5. Pre ’ listening
T: Ask Ss to work in group and make the list of thing people in western countries do on new years
Eve - Gather ideas by calling on some Ss to say about
that T: Set the scene “On new year’s Eve, many
Give a compliment Respond a compliment
Well done Thanks
That’s a greatan excellent…..
It is nice if you to say so Let me congratulate
you on That’s very kind if you
Mai: well done, Trang Trang: Thanks
Ss: Work in pairs and give responds •
b, Mother: well done, Huyen Huyen: Thanks, Mom
c, Friends: congratulations on your nomination, Tuan.
Tuan: It’s nice of you to say so d, You: That’s excellent drawing, Hoa
Hoa: That’s very nice of you to say so. Ss: Practice the dialogue in pairs
- Feedback and give suggested answers
1. Trang: Well done, Bao Bao: Thank you a lot
2. Hung: Let me congratulation on your graduation
Huong: That’s very kind of you.
4. Listen Things done on new year’s Eve