Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Drill Homework Warm up T: Ask Ss to work in groups and make a list of Presentation
3. She wears glasses because she wants to see well. 4. We want to buy a new house, so we are saving money.
1. I suggest he should use banana leaves to wrap food. 2. I suggest she should turn off the lights before going to bed.
3. I suggest he should buy a new motorcycle. 4. I suggest he should go to the dentist.
- Repeat the model of sentences, some vocabularies and structures
- Prepare the next period Unit8: Getting started + Listen and read
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 36 -
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2007
9B: 2007 9C: 2007
Getting started + listen and read I. Objectives
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to: - Get further information about celebrations in the world.
- Practice reading comprehension skill for details to complete a table
1. Language focus: Vocabulary: sticky rice cake, occur, live apart, Israel, Jewish,
Passover, slavery, joyful, parade
2. Language skills: Practice reading and listening skill II. Teaching aids
1. Teacher’s: textbook, tape, cassettes, posters 2. Students’: Textbook, workbook.
III. Procedure 1. Organization
2. Checking up:
Use the connectives to combine each pair of the sentences 1. He is very tired. He has to finish his homework but
………………………………. 2. The room is very small. Its quite comfortable although
3. New lesson
Teachers activities Students activities
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 37 -
1. Warm up T: Ask Ss to work in groups and make a list of
famous celebrations in Vietnam and world wide. In the time allowed, group with the longest list
will be the winner.
T: Ask Ss further questions about facts of the above celebrations
Eg: In which country do people celebrate..? What do they do?
T: Teach vocabulary T: Asks Ss to work with a partner. Match the
icons with the names of the celebration they present
- Correct the Answers 3. Practice
T: Have Ss listen and read the passage about celebrations in Vietnam and in other countries
and ask them to complete the table with five heading
- Gives some new words, explains and asks Sts to read
- T: Asks Ss to work in group . Read the passage in the book and then give the answers
- Helps Sts to complete
- Calls some Sts to write down their answers Christmas
Mothers day Thanksgiving day
Lunar New Year Mid- fall Festival
Teachers day May Day
Wedding I. Getting started
1. Easter 2. Wedding
3. Birthday 4. Christmas
5. Mid – fall 6. Lunar New Year
II. Listen and read