Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Checking up: New lesson Warm up Presentation T: Implicit the function of the parts a speech by Write Definition of a speech Practice
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2007
9B: 2007 9C: 2007
Write I. Objectives
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to write a short, simple speech with clear organization and present it in from of the whole class.
1. Language focus: Vocabulary: Review
2. Language skills: Practice writing skill II. Teaching aids
1. Teacher’s: textbook, white board markers 2. Students’: Textbook, workbook.
III. Procedure 1. Organization
2. Checking up:
Answer the question: Why should we save energy?
3. New lesson
Teacher’s activities Students’ activities
1. Warm up
- Introduces the way to write a speech
2. Presentation T: Implicit the function of the parts a speech by
questioning What do we do in introduction?
What is included in body? ……
6. Write Definition of a speech
It is the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience. A speech
usually has three parts: Introduction, body and conclusion
Parts of speech Functions
1. Introduction A. summing up what
you have said
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 26 -
T: Give correct answers
T: Ask Ss to work in pairs, put the sections in the correct place to complete a speech.
- Call on some Ss to deliver the speech in front of class.
- Comment and correct any necessary mistakes. T: Give suggested answer:
T: Tell Ss to choose one of the topics in the book: reducing garbage, reusing paper and
saving energy in the kitchen and then prepare a speech for the class.
T: Ask Ss to compare the writing with a friend. T: Introduce peer correction Have Ss check
and comment on each other writing - Go around class and offer help if necessary
- Call on some Ss to deliver the speech they have written in front of class.
T: Give comment on Ss performance regarding pronunciation, body language, eye contact …
- Give suggested answers 2. Body
3. Conclusion B. getting peoples
attention and telling them what you are
going to talk about. C. giving details in
Answers: 1.b 2.c 3.a
3. Good evening, ladies and gentleman. I am professor Robert and tonight I am going to
tell you how to save money. 2. Most of us use too much gas. You can
reduce this amount by: - Traveling by bicycle or public transport.
- Having mechanic check your motorcycle regularly.
1. If you follow these simple rules, not only will you save money, but also the
environment will be clear.
Suggested answers: - Reducing garbage:
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for coming here today. I am professor
Hung. President of friends of the Earth. I am going to tell you about the ways of reducing
garbage. As we know that reducing garbage is
necessary. We can reduce garbage by: + Collecting plastic bags
+ Not keeping solid waste with food waste. Putting different kinds of waste in different
places. I hope that you will be able to find the most
suitable way to reduce the amount of garbage we produce.
- Reusing paper: .
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 27 -
- Saving energy in the kitchen …
4. Drill T: Summarize the main points