Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Checking up: New lesson Warm up Pre ’ reading Read While ’ reading T: Ask Ss to read the passage very quickly and answer Post ’ reading
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2007
9B: 2007 9C: 2007
read I. Objectives
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to get general idea of the reading through choosing the best summary and answering questions
1. Language focus: Vocabulary:
luxury, necessity, consumer, household, Account for, tumble dryer, innovation
2. Language skills: Practice speaking and listening skill. II. Teaching aids
1. Teacher’s: textbook, white board markers 2. Students’: Textbook, workbook.
III. Procedure 1. Organization
2. Checking up:
T: Asks Ss to talk about how to save energy in their house
3. New lesson
Teacher’s activities Students’ activities
1. Warm up
- Guides Sts to play the game “net words” Water
2. Pre ’ reading
T: Read the text firstly T: Explain the new words
- Play the game follow the teacher’s guide
Ss: write down new words New words
Luxury n: sù xa xØ necessity Consumer n: ngêi tiêu ding
Household n: hộ gia đình Account for v: chiếm, chủ yếu là
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 23 -
T: Ask Ss to work in pairs and make sentences with new words they have learnt
T: Call on some Ss read their sentences aloud.
T: Give comment to make sure Ss understand the use of the words.
3. While ’ reading T: Ask Ss to read the passage very quickly and answer
the following questions + Which continents are mentioned in the text?
+ Are electricity, gas and water luxuries or necessities?
T: Call on some Ss to answer the questions T: Give the correct answers
+ America and Europe + They are necessities
T: Have Ss read the passage more carefully and choose the best summary for it among 4 following options
T: Ask Ss to give explanations for their choice. - Give correct answers
- Tell Ss to read the passage again and answer the question
T: Call on some Ss to read their answers aloud in front of class.
- Make necessary corrections and gives correct answers.
4. Post ’ reading
- Expand the topic by opening a discussion on question:
Why should we save energy? T: Ask Ss to work in group to list the reasons for
saving energy. T: Call on representative of some groups to present in
Tumble drûe n: máy xấy Innovation n: sự đổi mới
Ss: Practice reading
Ss: Choose and then compare the answers with the partners.
a Answers: 3. North American and European
countries are interested in saving money and natural resources.
b Answers: 1. Western consumers are interested
in products that will not only work effectively but also save money.
2. We can use energy saving bulbs instead of ordinary 100 watt light
bulbs to spend less on lighting 3. She will pay US2 for lighting if
she uses energy saving bulbs instead. 4. The purpose of the labeling scheme
is to help consumers to know how efficient each model is, compared
with other appliances in the same category so that they can save money
- Save money
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 24 -
front of class. - Give suggested answers:
- Conserve the Earths resources - Protect environment
- Prevent natural disasters ….
5. Drill - Asks Sts to read again, repeat some words and model of sentences