Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Checking up: New lesson Warm up Presentation T: Help Ss to review the way to make Speak
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2007
9B: 2007 9C: 2007
Speak + listen I. Objectives
- By the end of the lesson, students will be able to: + Use suggestions to suggest ways to save energy through group discussion
+ Understand and know how to do 2 common listening tasks: TRUE or FALSE and gap filling.
+ Get general knowledge about one kind of alternative energy: solar energy.
1. Language focus: Vocabulary: solar, nuclear power, solar panel, advance
2. Language skills: Practice speaking and listening skill. II. Teaching aids
1. Teacher’s: Teaching plan, textbook, sub-board, poster, tap, cassettes 2. Students’: Textbook, workbook.
III. Procedure 1. Organization
2. Checking up:
Ss: Make a list of things the family could do to save energy.
3. New lesson
Teacher’s activities Students’ activities
1. Warm up
- Guides Sts to play the game “Jumble words” with the words
+ awter llbi = Water bill + suomrone = Enormous
+ kcrac = Crack + ippe = Pipe
+ rebmulp = Plumber + facetu = faucet
2. Presentation T: Help Ss to review the way to make
suggestions - Play the game follow the teacher’s guide
a. Look at the expressions in the tables and pictures. Make suggestions about how to save energy.
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 20 -
T: Ask Ss to make some sentences with the structures above.
3. Practice T: Have Ss looked at the expressions in
the above tables and pictures in the book to make suggestions about how to save
energy. Follow the example T: Call some Ss to read the suggestions
aloud. Ss: Individual work
T: Correct and give suggested answers 4. further practice
T: Ask Ss to work in group of four. Work out an ACTION PLAN to save energy for
your class. T: Explain the example in the book
T: Go around class and provide help if necessary
Ss: Work in group T: Call on some groups act out the
discussion. - Correct and give suggested answers
5. Pre ’ listening T: Give some questions to ask Ss about
solar energy. - What is solar energy?
- What are advantages of solar energy? - Is solar energy operated in VN?
T: Explain some new words
Example: A. I think we should turn off the faucet
I suggest fixing the faucet
I suggest + V-ing I think we should…
Shall we …? Why dont we…?
How about + V-ing…? What about + V-ing…?
Thats a good idea All right
No. I dont want to. I prefer to …
b. I think we should turn off the gas fire c. I suggest turning off the fan
d. I think we should turn off the air conditioner when no one is in.
e. Why dont we turn off the TV when no one
watches it. f. I think we shouldnt go to school by motorbike.
g. Lets go to school by bus or bicycle.
A: I think we should turn off all the lights before leaving the class.
B: That is a good idea C: What about going to school by bus?
D: Great Lets take the bus to school every day. ---------
A: I suggest collecting used paper to recycle things. B: All right.
C: Why dont we reduce the amount of water we use every day?
D: OK 4. Listen
Ss: Give their answers
Solar a: thuộc mặt trời Solar energy n: năng lợng mặt trời
Nuclear power n: năng lợng nguyên tử
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 21 -
6. while listening T: Let the Ss read the statements in a