Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Checking up: New lesson Warm up Presentation and practice 1: T: Explain vocabulary Change the adjectives into adverbs: New words Presentation and practice 2. T: Give out 2 clauses Presentation and practice 3 Join the pairs of sentences together use becaus
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2007
9B: 2007 9C: 2007
Period 41 Unit 6: the he ENVIRONMENT
Language focus II. Objectives
- By the end of the lesson, students will be able to use the adverbs correctly.
1. Language focus: Vocabulary:
+ Adjectives and adverbs + Adverb clauses of reason as, because, since
+ Adjectives + that clause + Conditional sentences type 1
2. Language skills: Practice writing skill. II. Teaching aids
1. Teacher’s: Teaching plan, extra – board 2. Students’: Textbook, workbook.
III. Procedure 1. Organization
2. Checking up:
3. New lesson
Teacher’s activities Students’ activities
1. Warm up
T: Ask Ss to arrange the letter to make complete words
1. wols = 2. asd =
3. dogo = 4. pahapy =
2. Presentation and practice 1: T: Explain vocabulary
- Help the Ss to review the formation and the use of adverbs of manner through questions
+ How are adverbs formed?
1. slow 2. sad
3. good 4. happy
1. Change the adjectives into adverbs: New words
Assignment n: exercise Sigh n: long deep breath
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 15 -
+ What do we use adverbs for?
T: Ask Ss to go on with exercise 1, use the adverbs to complete the sentences
3. Presentation and practice 2. T: Give out 2 clauses
He failed the exams. He is too lazy. T: Ask Ss about the relation between 2 clause. -
reason. T: Introduce the words expressing clause of
reason: because = as = since T: Ask Ss to do exercise 2
- Explain the example.
T: Give feedback and the correct answers
4. Presentation and practice 3
T: Explain the structure T: Let Ss practice the structure by completing the
dialogue in the book.
T: Call some pairs to practice the dialogues aloud. T: Feedback and give correct answers
- Help the Ss to revise the conditional sentences type 1
If + main clause, subordinate clause simple present tense will infinitive
Adjective + ly = adverb Adjective
Slowly Ss: Do exercise 1, change the adjectives into
Usage: we use adverbs of manner to modify the verb. It usually goes after
the main verb.
b. slowly c. sadly
d. happily e. well
2. Join the pairs of sentences together use because; as; since
Eg: Ba is tired becauseassince he stayed up late watching TV
Ss: Compare the answers with a friend. Answers
b. I have a broken led becauseassince I fell over while I was playing volleyball
c. I am going to be late for school becauseassince the bus is late.
d. I broke the cup becausesinceas I was careless
e. I want to go home becauseassince I feel sick
f. I am hungry becauseassince I havent eaten all day.
3. Complete the dialogues