Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Language focus: Language skills: Practice speaking and listening skills. II. Teaching aids Teacher’s: Teaching plan Students’: Textbook, workbook. III. Procedure Organization Checking up: SPEAK. New words:
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2007
9B: 2007 9C: 2007
Period 38 Unit 6: the he ENVIRONMENT
I. Objects By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to:
+ Persuade other people by using give expression: I think you should …….; Why not…..? Why don’t you …? …
+ Complete the information notes about ocean pollution through a report. + Use new word in the right context by playing word games and engaging in different class
1. Language focus:
Vocabulary: Dissolve, traffic jam, exhausts fume, raw sewage, oil spill. Structures:
+ Conditional sentences: type 1. + Adverb clauses of reason.
2. Language skills: Practice speaking and listening skills. II. Teaching aids
1. Teacher’s: Teaching plan
Cassette, pictures, extra – board
2. Students’: Textbook, workbook. III. Procedure
2. Checking up:
+ Write new words
3. New lesson
Teacher’s activities Students’ activities
3.1. Warm up: - Ask Ss question:
What can you do to “
protect the environment?”
3.2. Speak: Pre “ speaking:
- Write all new words on the board in both English and Vietnamese.
- Help Ss to read. - Discuss in small groups and find the
3. SPEAK. New words:
- Wrap v: gãi, bäc l¹i - Dissolve v: hoà tan
- Traffic jam n: tắc nghẽn giao thông
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 4 -
- Read new words after the teacher
- Ask Ss to look at the structures and sentences in partt a
- Explain them. While - speaking:
- Ask Ss to read the persuading expressions and the idea cues give in the textbook
carefully. Make sure Ss understand all of the ideas suggested.
- Go around and provide help if necessary.
- Call on some pairs to practice the dialogue T: Give feedback and suggested answers:
- Ask Ss to work in group and find the answers to the questionnaire
- Divide class in 6 groups. - Call on some Ss from groups to present in
front of class.
- Call on some representatives to present in front of
- Give feedback and suggested answers. 3.3. Listen:
- Exhaust fume n: khãi th¶i tõ xe cé - Trash = garbage
a Try to persuade your partner to do the following things to protect the environment.
- Work in pairs, persuade your partners to do things to protect the environment. Follow the
example. Example: textbook
1. A: I think it would be better if we reuse and
recycle bottles and cans. B: Why? How come?
A: Because reusing and recycling bottles can reduce garbage and save natural resources.
2. A: I think it would be better if we don’t
throw trash onto water. B: Why? How come?
A: Because it can keep the water clean. Polluted water can directly do harm to
people’s health and skill fish. - Practice in pairs.
a Suggested answers: A: I think it would be better if we go to work
by bike. B: Why? How come?
A: Because going to work by bike can save energy and at the same time it can keep the
air cleaner. b Find possible answers to the
questionnaire. - Discuss in groups and find the answers to
Save papers by Recycling and reusing paper.
Using tree leaves to wrap food and othe things
c Now discuss with a partner the best way to protect the environment. “.
Student“s answers 4. Listen.
Năm học 2007 - 2008 - 5 -
Pre “ Listening - Guessing game
- divide class into small groups. - Ask Ss to have guesses on how the ocean is
polluted. - Call some Ss to explain their ideas in front of
class. - Provide some necessary words in the tape
While “ Listening: - Set the scene: “
You are going to listen a report on how our oceans are polluted. Study
the notes carefully then listen to the tape and complete the notes.”
- Call on some Ss to read aloud the answers. - Give the correct answers
Post “ Listening:
- Ask Ss to work in pairs, use the note as the outline and make a short presentation on how
the ocean is polluted. - Call on some Ss present in front of the class.
- Give feedback on the presentation.
+ raw sewage n: nớc thải cha đợc xư lý + oil spills n: giÕng dÇu
+ marine life n: sinh vËt biĨn. + Regulation n: th«ng lƯ
- Listen to the tape more than once and complete the notes.
- Compare the answers with their partners.
Answers: How the ocean polluted
- Firstly: raw sewage is pumped directly into the sea.
- Secondly: Garbage is dropped into the sea - Thirdly: oil spills come from ships at sea.
- Next: Waste materials come from factories.
- Finally: oil is washed from the land.
- Work in pairs and can add more ideas of their own in the presentation.
4. Drill: - Repeat the vocabulary and structures