Tải bản đầy đủ - 96trang
Language focus: Language skills: Practice reading and speaking skills. II. Teaching aids Teacher’s: Teaching plan Students’: Textbook, workbook. III. Procedure Organization Checking up: 3. New lesson Presentation: Practice:
Teaching date: Class 9A: 2007
9B: 2007 9C: 2007
Period 37 Unit 6: the he ENVIRONMENT
Getting started listen and read
I. Objects By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to:
+ Use new words about environments in the correct way. + Read the text for general and specific information through Matching exercises and answering
1. Language focus:
Vocabulary: garbage dump, deforestation, air pollution,
dynamite fishing, water pollution, spraying pesticides Structures:
+ Adjectives and adverbs + Adverb clauses of reason
+ Adjective + that clause + Conditional sentences: type 1
2. Language skills: Practice reading and speaking skills. II. Teaching aids
1. Teacher’s: Teaching plan
Cassette, pictures, extra – board.
2. Students’: Textbook, workbook. III. Procedure
2. Checking up: 3. New lesson
Teacher’s activities Students’ activities
3.1. Warm up: - Ask Ss to discuss and make a list of people’s
activities that destroy the environment. - Call some groups to talk about their lists.
- Give English equivalences. - Give suggested answers .
- Explain the meaning of the new words. - Work in groups of 3 to 4.
- May use Vietnamese when discussing. 1. Getting started
+ Throw garbage in the street + Cut down trees
+ Leave the light on when unnecessary ..
+ Garbage dump: bãi đổ rác
Năm häc 2007 - 2008 - 1 -
- Help Ss to read new words and ask them to read.
- Ask Ss to match these above environmental problems to the pictures in the textbook.
- Call on some Ss to check the answers and then give correct answers.
- Tell Ss to listen and read the passage in the book: “
Mr. Brown is talking to some volunteer conservationists”
- Ask Ss to look at “Listen and read”; play the tape 2 times.
- Ask Ss to match the names in column A with the tasks in column B. then write the full
sentences. - Call on some Ss to read the full sentences.
- Give correct answers
- Have Ss read the passage again and answer the questions in b.
- Go around the class and provide necessary corrections.
- Give correct answers
- Let Ss work in group of three to four and discuss questions 6 7 in the book.
- Call on some Ss to answer the questions loud in front of the class.
+ Deforestation n: nạn phá rừng + Air pollution n: Ô nhiễm không khí
+ Dynamite fishing n đánh bắt cá bằng thuốc nổ
+ Water pollution n « nhiƠm níc + Spraying pesticides n phun thuôc trừ
sâu. - Listen and repeat the new words.
- Individual work and pair work.
a air pollution b spraying pesticides
c garbage dump d water pollution
e deforestation f dynamite fishing
- Listen and read the passage I Listen and read “Mr. Brown is talking to some
volunteer conservationists“ a Answers:
Groups 1: f, walk along the shore. Groups 2: e, check the sand.
Groups 3: b, check among the rocks Mr. Jones: a, collect all the bags and take
them to the garbage dump. Mrs. Smith: c, provide a picnic lunch for
everyone. Mr. Brown: d, give out the bags.
- Compare their answers with a friend.
b. Answers: 1. The speaker is Mr. Brown
2. The listeners are members of volunteer conservationists.
3. They are on the beach. 4. If they work hard, they will make the
beach clean and beautiful again soon. - Work in groups; discuss to find out the
Năm häc 2007 - 2008 - 2 -
4. Consolidation. - Summarize main points