Tải bản đầy đủ - 33trang
Pre-reading: Pre-teach vocabulary: While-reading: Pre-writing: Pre-teach vocabulary:
Lesson 4: Read
I. Aims: - Help Ss understand the safety precautions in the house using Why - Because
- Vocabulary: precaution
, object, match, socket II. Objectives:
- By the end of the lesson the students will be able to use understand the safety precautions in the house and use Why-because
- Main: Reading - Sub: S, L, W
III. Anticipated Problems: - Saucepan and Frying pan
IV. Teaching aids: - Lesson plan, book chalk, board
V. Procedures 1. Warm-up:
Brainstorming - Lets students names the things which are danger for children in the home
2. Pre-reading: Pre-teach vocabulary:
Slap the board a precaution n Sự đề phòng
adj An toàn translation
a socket n
ổ cắm realia
to destroy Phá huỷ
translation a match
n Que diêm
realia to injure
Bị thơng picture
an object n
§å vËt translation
True False statements prediction - Ss read the statements and guess which is true and which is false.
a. It is safe to leave medicine around the house. b. Drugs can look like candy.
c. A kitchen is a suitable place to play. d. Playing with one match cant start a fire.
e. Putting a knife into an electrical socket is dangerous. f. Young children don t understand that many household objects are
- Ss read the text and check their predictions. - T asks Ss to correct if the statement is false.
danger in the home for children
boiling water knife
leave = keep; around the house = in locked cupboard c, F
suitable place = dangerous place d, F
can not start a fire = can start a fire Comprehension questions page 32
Pair work: Ss work in pairs, ask and answer the questions Answer key:
a Because children often try to eat and drink them. b Because the kitchen is a dangerous place.
c Because playing with one match can cause the fire. d Because children often try to put something into electrical sockets
and electricity can kill. e Because the dangerous objects can injure or kill children.
4. Post-reading: Discussion - Ss work in groups of 8 and discuss about the topic:
a. Safety precautions in the street. b. Safety precautions at school.
- Learn by heart vocabulary write it in 5 full lines - Do exercise 5, 6 page 24-25 workbook
- Prepare WRITE
Unit 3: At home
Lesson 5: Write
- Help Ss to write a description of a room in their house. - Vocabulary: folder, beneath, wardrobe, towel rack
II. Objectives: - By the end of the lesson the students will be able to write a description of a
room in their house. - Skills:
- Main: Writing - Sub: R, S, L
III. Anticipated Problems: no IV. Teaching aids:
- Lesson plan, book chalk, board V. Procedures
- Asks students some questions about the picture on page 32 ? Which room is it?
Ss: It a bedroom. ? Whats this?
Ss: It is a bed. ? Where is it?
Ss: It is near the desk.
2. Pre-writing: Pre-teach vocabulary:
Rub out and remember - Folder n
S¸ch gÊp tµi liƯu Translation
- Beneath prep: ë dới example
- Towel rack n giá treo khăn lau
Reading the text- page 32 - Ss read the description of a room individually.
Comprehension questions - Ss work in pairs and answer the questions.
3. While-writing: Word-cue-drill page 33 - Ss work individually, write the description of Hoas kitchen using given cues.
- Pair compare, after doing individually Ss compare writing with their partner Answers:
This is Hoas kitchen. There is a refrigerator in the right corner of the room.
Next to the refrigerator are the stove an oven. On the other side of the oven, there is a sink and next ot the sink is a towel rack.
The dish rack stands on the counter, on the right of the window and beneath the shelves. On the shelves and on the counter beneath the window, there are jars of sugar, flour and
tea. In the middle of the kitchen, there are a table and four chairs.
The lighting fixture is above the table, and directly beneath the lighting fixture is a vase with flowers.
- T sticks some writing on the board and correct the mistakes if any for the whole class.
4. Post-writing - Ss write a description of a room in their house.