Tải bản đầy đủ - 33trang
Post-writing: Page 24 Listening: Language focus 3: page 26 a. Practice Pre-teach - a steamer n Presentation: - T sets the scene:
T talks to students about taking a telephone message. T When you take a message, what should you mention in the message?
Ss: date, time, who sent, to whom, content
3. While-writing: Gap filling - Ss work in pairs to read the message and fill in the gaps in the paragraph on
page 23 Answer key
1. phoned 2. May
123. speak 4. took
5. name 6. delivery
7. Mr. Ha 8. at
- Ss work individually to read passage 2 on page 23 to get information and write message.
- Ss write the message individually and then compare with their partners. Answers:
Thanh Cong Delivery Service
Date: June 16
Time: After midday
For: Mrs. Van
Message: Mr. Nam called about his stationery order. He wanted yo to call him at 8.634.082
Taken by: Mr. Toan
4. Post-writing: Page 24
- Sets the scene: Tom phoned Nancy, but she was out. Lisa, Nancys sister took a message for Nancy. Help Lisa to write a message
- Ss work in pairs to take message. Guide: Date:
Häc sinh tù ®iỊn Time:
Häc sinh tù ®iỊn For:
Tom called about playing tennis this afternoon. He will come over to pick you up at 1.30
Taken by: Lisa
5. Homework: - Learn by heart vocabulary write it in 5 full lines
- Write the message on your notebooks. - Do Exercise IV- P13,Wb
guide: Where .................... live? = Where do you live?
....... you learning English? = Why are you learning English? - Prepare Listen + Language Focus 3
Unit 2: Making arrangements
Lesson 5: Listen – Language focus 3
I. Aims: 15
- By the end of the lesson the students will be able to complete a telephone message by listening and do further practice in adverbs of place.
- Skills: - Main: Listening, Writing,
- Sub: Speaking, Reading, III. Anticipated Problems:
- Cassette may not work well or Electricity went out IV. Teaching aids
- Cassette, tape, Lesson plan, chalk, board
V. Procedures 1. Warm-up: Chatting
Do you have a telephone at home? How often do you make a phone call?
1. Pre-listening - T asks students to look at the form of the telephone message on page 21 and
set the scene a man phoned the Principal of Kingston junior high school, but he was out
- Ss guess the message 2. While-listening
- T plays the tape twice - Ss listen carefully and complete the form of a message.
Kingston Junior High School
Date: Häc sinh tù ®iỊn
Time: Häc sinh tù ®iỊn
For: The principal Message: Mr. Mary Nguyen wanted to see you at 9.45 in the morning.
Telephone number: 64683720942
3. Language focus 3: page 26 a. Practice
- Sets the scene: Ba is playing hide and seek with his friend, Tuan. Use the
adverbs of place to complete the speech bubbles - Ss work in pairs to complete bubbles.
Answer key: a. Where is Tuan? I think he is
b. No, he isnt here.
c. He isnt
downstairs and he isnt upstairs.
d. Perhaps hes
e. No, he isnt there.
f. Im not outside. Im inside, Ba.
4. Homework: - Copy down on book
Upstairs Downstairs Outside Inside
- Do Exercise 4 page 17; exercise 5 page 18 - Prepare Unit 3: At Home
Unit 3: At home
Lesson 1: Getting started, Listen and read.
I. Aims: - Help Ss know how to do chores at home
- Vocabulary: steamer, chore, frying pan, cup board, a sink, stove, sauce pan II. Objectives:
- By the end of the lesson the students will be able to understand the dialogue and use modal verbs to talk about the housework.
- Skills: - Main: S, W
- Sub: L, R III. Anticipated Problems:
- Ss may forget Reflexive Pronoun yourself, himself IV. Teaching aids
- Lesson plan, chalk, board, pictures
V. Procedures 1. Warm-up: Kims game
- Lets students look at 6 pictures on the book page 27 quickly in 20 seconds and try to remember the verbs describing the activities in the pictures.
- T divides the class into 4 groups. Answers:
a. wash dishes do the washing up d. cook
b. make the bed e. tidy up
c. sweep the floor f. feed the chicken
2. Pre-teach - a steamer n
Nåi hấp Using:Translation
- frying pan n Chảo rán
- a sauce pan n
Ch¶o nÊu “ - a cup board n
Tđ ch¹n “
- a sink n Bån röa
“ - stove n
BÕp lß “ - chore n
ViƯc nhµ “
Model - Choral - Individual repetition Check stress
Check vocabulary by using What Where
3. Presentation: - T sets the scene:
Mrs. Vui is going to visit Grandma after work. She cant cook dinner. She asks Nam to cook dinner himself. Lets listen to their
Have has to do St = must to do St
- T gives model of using have to or must What do you have to do at home?
I must do the washing up.
4. Practice: Picture cues drill 6 pictures on the book - Closed pairs then open pairs