Tải bản đầy đủ - 33trang
Pre-reading: Pre - teach Vocabulary: While ’ reading: - Ss read the text and check their predictions. Pre-writing:
1+3 I’d like you to meet 5 Come and meet 2 Nice to meet you 6 How do you do
4 It’s a pleasure to meet you
- Practice in pairs or group = check pronunciation 4. Homework:
- Learn by heart vocabulary write it in 3 full lines - Do Exercise 3 P6
- Prepare Read
Unit 1: My friends
- Reading for specific information about habits - Vocabulary: sociable, outgoing
, kind, generous, reserved, character, sense of
humor, II. Objectives:
- By the end of the lesson the students will be able to understand the text and talk about their friends describe friends
- Main: Reading - Sub: Writing, Speaking
III Anticipated Problems:
- Dialogue long for average Ss IV teaching aids:
- pictures, book, chalk V PROCEDURES
1. Warm up: - T describes Ss in class for Ss guess
Eg: This person is tall and thin He has a curly black hair
2. Pre-reading: Pre - teach Vocabulary:
n TÝnh c¸ch, c¸ tính
translation - sociable
adj hoà đông, dễ gần
example - kind
adj tử tÕ, tèt bong
example - generous
adj réng lỵng
example - sense of humor
adj khớu hài hớc explanation
- reserve adj
kín đáo, dè dỈt explanation
- outgoing adj
dƠ tÝnh example
Model - Choral - Individual repetition Check stress
Check vocabulary by using “What and Where”
Sense of humor
extremely adv trại mồ côi
orphanage n khiếu hài hớc
tell joke gây khó khăn
sense of humor vô cùng
annoy v đùa
cause problem làm bực mình ai
affect v làm ảnh hởng đến
take up a lot of time cời nhạo
laugh at chiÕm mÊt nhiÒu thêi gian
- T sets the scene showing the picture in the book This is Ba and these are Bas friends. Can you guess what is Ba doing?
- Ss he is talking about his friends. - T do you know their names?
- Ss They are Bao, Khai and Song. - T Ok. Now lets read to know how Ba is talking about his friends.
Prediction using gap fill exercise - page 14 Ss: read through 4 statements and guess the answers.
2. While ’ reading: - Ss read the text and check their predictions.
Answer key: a A
b C c B
- Ss read the text again carefully. Comprehension questions page 14
- Ss work in pairs, ask and answer the questions from a to e Answer key:
a He feels lucky. b Bao is the most sociable.
c Khai likes reading. d His jokes sometimes make his friends tired His jokes sometimes annoy his friends.
e He spends his free time at a local orphanage.
3. Post ’ reading: Discussion - Ss work in groups of four, discuss question f page 14
Do you and your close friend have the same or different characters? - Ss the secretary write information in this form.
Name your character
your close friends character Lan
humor, generous reserved, kind
- Ss the representative of each group will give report. 4. Homework:
- Learn by heart vocabulary write it in 4 full lines
- Do Exercise III page 7 N book - Prepare
Unit 1: My friends
- Help Ss write oneself describe people - Vocabulary: review
II. Objectives: - By the end of the lesson the students will be able to write a paragraph about
their close friends. - Skills:
- Main: W - Sub: R, L, S
III Anticipated Problems: no IV teaching aids:
- Cards, pictures V PROCEDURES
1. Warm up: Kim’s game - Ss look at picture part3 P-17
- Ss play game in group A, How many people are there?
B, What does heshe look like? C, What is heshe wearing?
Ss answer: There are 4 people He is tall, thin and has short black hair
Reading - T asks Ss to read the information about
Tam then answer some questions.
- T asks Ss answer:
A, What is his name? - His name is Tam.
B, How old is he? - He is 14.
C, What does he look like? - He is tall and thin. He has short black hair.
D, What is he like? - He is sociable, humorous and helpful.
E, Where does he live? - He lives at 26 Tran Phu Street, Hanoi.
F, Who does he live with? - He lives with his mother, father and an elder brother. g Who is his friend? - Ba and Bao.
3. While-writing: - Call Ss to read the text of Tam