Tải bản đầy đủ - 219trang
Warm up: 5’ Play a game: Practice - speaking : 13’ 1. Pre - speaking: Practice - listening : 13’ 1. Pre - listening : Post - task: 12’
Week : 30
Date of preparat
ion: Date of
Unit 14 : wonders of the world
Lesson 2 : Speak + Listen A. Objectives:
Futher practice in seeking information about famous places or people, using “ Yes - No” questions both in direct and reported speech.
Listening for details by deliberating the mistakes.
- Vocabulary: an inn, jungle, rainforest, crystal – clear, the coral sea,
- Skills: Listening and speaking . B. Teaching aids:
- Lesson plan - tape and cassette
C. Teaching procedure: Teacher’s and sts’ activities
I. Warm up: 5’ Play a game:
Great Wall, Ha Long Bay, Mount Everest, Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, The Pyramids
II. Practice - speaking : 13’ 1. Pre - speaking:
Teacher reminds Sts that some of their questions should be true and the rest are
false. 2. While- speaking :
Sts stand up and remove to ask their classmates the questions they have written.
Sts write their classmates’answers in the gird.
T monitors and gives help if necessary. T has Sts read their examples given in their
book in Speak 2 and elicits from them how to change a direct question and answer into
Content Complete the words about famous places :
- G ... W.... - Eif...T ... - H...L...B... - Bi...B...
- M ... E... - Th ...Py.... 1. Write ’ Yes - No’ questions :
Write –Yes - No– questions about the places or people they like:
- Is the Great Wall the longest structure in the world? Yes
- Is Ha Long Bay in HCMC? No ..................
2. Speak : Ex1 :
- I : Is Phong Nha Cave in Southern Viet Nam?
- Hoa : No, it isn’t. Direct - I asked Hoa if whether Phong Nha was in
Southern VN and she said it wasn’t. reported Ex 2:
- I : Is Petronas Twin Towers the tallest
Sts change these sentences into the reported speech.
III. Practice - listening : 13’ 1. Pre - listening :
Preteach: - Sts read in chorus 3 times, then read
individually. Checking technique:
- Rub out and remember.
Describle the picture: - Answer the questions about the scene in
the picture. - Teacher gives the scene.
- Sts guess 5 mistakes. 2. While - listening :
Sts listen to the tape and find out 5 mistakes and correct them.
Teacher gives the answer key.
IV. Post - task: 12’
Comprehension questions: 1. Far - north Queensland.
2. Right on the beach at the Coconut Palm Hotel.
3. Take guided tours through the rain forest , swim in the crystal clear water of the Coral
Sea and snorkel amongst the coral of the Great Barrier Reef marine park.
4. Call at 077 6924 3927.
V. Homework: 2’