Tải bản đầy đủ - 23trang
đệm đàn, đệm nhạc vứt bỏ, bỏ đi say sưa, miệt mài
He is very good at people singing
with his guitar. accompanying
2. Accompany v: đệm đàn, đệm nhạc
I have a little glass fish tank where I keep a variety of little fish.
3. Modest adj: khiêm tốn
I would not call myself an stamp collector.
4. Avid adj: say mê, khao khát
I collect the stamps from envelopes.
5. Discard v: vứt bỏ, bỏ đi
I also fishing, swimming, playing chess, etc.
6. to indulge in: say sưa, miệt mài
keep me occupied. They
7. Keep S.O occupied = keep S.O busy
làm ai bận rộn
Listen and read the text silently
then work in pairs to finish the Task 1
Match the words and phrases with their definitions
Words and phrases Definitions
1.Accomplished adj 1.Accomplished adj
2.Accompanying gerund 2.Accompanying gerund
3.Modest adj 3.Modest adj
4. Avid adj 4. Avid adj
5. Discarded adj 5. Discarded adj
6. Indulge in v 6. Indulge in v
7.Keep me occupied 7.Keep me occupied
a. keep me busy a. keep me busy
b. Thrown away b. Thrown away
c. Well-trained c. Well-trained
d. Going with a singer d. Going with a singer
e. Let yourself do sth that e. Let yourself do sth that
you enjoy you enjoy
f. Eager, crazy f. Eager, crazy
g. Not very big g. Not very big
Answer the questions Work in
1. What is the writer’s first hobby? 2. Is the writer an accomplished guitarist ?
3. Why does the writer admire his uncle ? 4. What is the writer’s second hobby ?
5. How did he collect his fish ? 6. What kind of stamp collector is the writer ?
7. Where does he collect the stamps ? 8. Which does the writer get more of, local
stamps or foreign stamps ? 9. What does the writer do with the less
common stamps and with common ones ?
1. What is the writer s
first hobby? His first hobby is playing the guitar
2. Is the writer an accomplished guitarist? No, he isn t.
3. Why does the writer admire his uncle? Because he is an accomplished guitarist and he is good at
accompanying people singing by his guitar.
4. What is the writer’s second hobby ? His second hobby is keeping fish.
5. How did he collected his fish ? He bought some in a shop and collected some others from the rice field
near his house
6. What kind of stamp collector is the writer ? He is an avid stamp collector
7. Where does he collect the stamp ? He collects them from discarded envelopes given by his
relatives or friends.
8. Which does the writer get more of , local stamps or foreign stamps ?
He gets more local stamps.
9. What does the writer do with the less common stamps and with the common ones ?
He keeps the less common stamps inside a small album and he usually gives the common ones to
others or throws them away if no one wants them.