Tải bản đầy đủ - 24trang
Discussing questions Vocabulary Pre-teaching
Ss may not be familiar with the note-taking task so T should provide them some tips to deal with the task.
StepsTime Teacher s activities
Competition game Slap the board
– - T puts the vocabulary items on the board in any order.
- T may write the following words and phrases: war invalid,
martyr, intersection, the aged, orphanage, remote, suffer. - T calls on some Ss to form 2 teams, and one person from
the team runs to the board, as a representative. - T gives a Vietnamese translation for one of the words on
the board. The first team to hit the correct word gets the point. The representative changes, ready for the next word.
-After 3 minutes T declares the winner. - Ss look at words on
the board. - Ss work as
instructed. - The representative
hit the word. - Ss listen.
1. Discussing questions
- T asks Ss to read through the questions and choices on page 51 and makes sure Ss understand all them.
- T asks Ss to discuss the questions in pairs. - T calls on some Ss to report on their partner’s answers.
2. Vocabulary Pre-teaching
- T pronounces the words and asks Ss to repeat. - T calls on some Ss to read loud the words.
- T comments. - T elicits some of the words and those taken from the
listening text. +
Fun-raising activities: các hoạt động gây quỹ + Donation: sự đóng góp
+ Informal school: trờng học không chính thèng + Organization for Educational Development: tỉ chøc ph¸t
triĨn gi¸o dục + Co-operate: hợp tác, cộng tác
+ Co-ordinate: phối hợp, xếp đặt + Sponsor: nhà tài trợ
- T may get Ss to make sentences with these words and give corrective feedback.
- T sets the scene:
Now you are going to listen to a passage about Spring School, a special school in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Ss read through questions and
choices. - Ss make discussion.
- Ss report. - Ss listen and repeat.
- Ss pronounce words. - Ss listen and take
note some new words.
- Ss make sentences. - Ss listen.
TASK 1 Instruction: You are going to listen to the passage and fill in
the missing information in each sentence. - T instructs Ss how to do this Task.
+ First: read the sentences carefully by:
- Underline key words. - Try to work out what they are going to hear
- Decide what they need to listen out for. + Then listen and take note the answers.
- T reads the listening text once for Ss to do the task. - Ss listen.
- Ss listen and take note.
- Ss listen and do the task.
- T asks for Ss’ answers and writes them on the board. - T reads the text again and asks Ss to check.
- T asks Ss to work in group of 4 to compare their answers. - T calls some Ss to give their answers.
- T checks and gives correct answers. 6. informal 7. 30 street children 8. 250 children
9. 1998 10. Volunteers, June
TASK 2 Instruction: You are going to listen to the text again and
answer the questions. - T asks Ss to read all questions and underline the key words.
- T asks Ss to try to answer questions without listening to the text again.
- T calls on some Ss to answer. - T reads the text again and asks Ss to listen and find out the
answers. - T asks Ss to work in pairs to check their answers.
- T calls on some Ss to give their answers and elicits feedback from other Ss.
- T lets Ss listen one more time and pauses at the answers for them to catch.
- T gives correct answers. 1. It provides classes to disadvantaged children in Ho Chi
Minh City. 2. Dance, theater, singing and circus classes were set up in
1999. 3. Because they need money to continue their English and
Performance Arts classes. 4. They dance, sing and play music at one of the largest
hotels in Ho Chi Minh City. 5. Because they need help to contact sponsors and expand
the school activities. - Ss answer.
- Ss listen and check. - Ss work in group
- Ss give their answers.
- Ss listen and write down correct
- Ss listen. - Ss read questions
and underline the key words.
- Ss answer.
- Ss listen and find out answers.
- Ss work in pairs. - Ss give their
answers. - Ss listen again and
check. - Ss take note the
- T gets Ss to work in groups to summarise the story about Spring School, using the suggestions. Each group member
has to take notes of the discussion. - T goes around and offers help and collects Ss’ mistakes.
- T calls on some Ss to present their summary. - T elicits feedback from the class and gives final comments.
- Ss work in groups. - Ss work.
- Ss give their presentation.
- Ss listen.
- T summarizes the main points of the lesson. - T asks Ss to learn by heart all new words and write a
summary of the listening text. - Ss listen and write