Tải bản đầy đủ - 24trang
Discussing the picture Pre-teaching vocabulary
- T leads the game and the secret word is “volunteer ”
- Ss listen and write down the lesson.
1. Discussing the picture
- T asks the whole class to look at the picture on page 46 and asks them some questions:
+ What is the old woman doing? + What does this mean by “Little Moments Big Magic”?
+ What does the picture tell you? - T calls on some Ss to answer.
+ The old woman is teaching the boy to read. + It means that your little contribution and help may lead to
significant results. + It tells that everybody, no matter how old or young they
are, can do volunteer work. - T asks Ss to work in pairs to read the short poem and
discuss the meaning of it. - T calls on some Ss to give their opinion.
- T comments.
2. Pre-teaching vocabulary
- T might elicit or teach the meanings of the following words. + to volunteer to do st: t×nh nguyện làm gì
+ volunteer n: ngời tình nguyện + voluntary adj: t×nh ngun
+ the aged = the old n: ngêi già + disadvantaged adj: bị thiệt thòi
+ + orphanage n: trại trẻ mồ côi + + overcome v: vỵt qua
+ to participate v:tham gia + to suffer from v: chịu đựng
+ handicapped adj: bị tật nguyền - Ss listen and work in
airs to answer the questions.
- Ss answer.
- Ss work in pairs to read and discuss the
poem. - Ss answer.
- Ss listen. - Ss listen and write
down new words.
- T Sets the scene: you are going to read a passage about
volunteer work. While you are reading, do the tasks in the textbook.
TASK 1 Instruction: Fill each blank with one part of speech of the
word volunteer .
- T instructs Ss to read through the sentences to identify the part of speech of the word to fill in each blank.
- T asks Ss to work individually and then exchange their answers with other Ss.
- T calls on some Ss to give their answers. - T comments and gives the correct answers.
1. voluntary 3. volunteers 2. voluntarily 4. volunteered
- Ss listen.
- Ss read the sentences and identify
the part of speech. - Ss work and then
exchange their answers.
- Ss give answers. - Ss listen and check.
TASK 2 Instruction: You are to read the passage and choose the
best answer from A, B, C or D for each of the following sentences.
- T asks Ss how to do this task.
- T comments and gives the instruction. + First, skim five sentences to understand them, underline
the key words. + Locate the information in the text.
+ Read four choices to choose the most suitable one. +Complete sentence 5 and try to giving the title of the
passage. - T asks Ss work individually first then discuss with a friend.
- T calls on some Ss to give their answers. - T comments and gives correct answers.
1. A line 1-2, para 2 2. D line 3-4, para 2
3. B line 3-4, para 4 4. D last para
5. B A: too general, C and D do not cover the whole text
TASK 3 Instruction: You are required to answer three questions in
the book. - T asks Ss to read all the questions and underline the key
- T asks Ss to work individually then discuss their answers with their peers.
- T calls on some Ss to write their answers on the board. - T comments and gives correct answers.
1. They read book to the people there, play games them or listen to their problems.
2. They give care and comfort to them and help them to overcome their difficulties.
3. They volunteer to work in remote or mountainous areas. - Ss listen.
- Ss answer. - Ss listen.
- Ss work individually then discuss.
- Ss answer. - Ss listen and check.
- Ss listen. - Ss read all the
questions and underline key words.
- Ss work and discuss. - Ss write answers on
the board. - Ss listen and check.
Instruction: You are required to work in pairs to discuss the questions in the book.
- T asks Ss to discuss questions in the book.
- T goes around to help S when necessary. - T asks every two pairs to share ideas.
- T calls on some Ss to report their ideas to the class. - T gives feedback.
- Ss listen. - Ss discuss questions.
- Every two pairs share ideas.
- Ss report. - Ss listen.
- T summarizes the main points of the lesson. - T asks Ss to learn by heart all new words and do reading
tasks in the textbook. - Ss listen and write