Tải bản đầy đủ - 24trang
Describing pictures Pre-teaching vocabulary: Task 1
Cross words game
- T delivers handouts with a cross word and gives instruction.
1. Your friends often give you on your birthday. 2. What is the day “14-2” called?
3. It’s a celebration in England beginning with “E”. 4. We can see Santa Claus on this day.
5. This day is to celebrate the time you were born. - T calls some Ss to give their answers.
- T checks and gives the correct answers and gives some information about 3- Easter.
- T asks Ss to find the key word. - T leads in the lesson.
- Ss get handouts and
listen to the T’s instruction.
- Ss do the cross words.
- Ss work in pair to make comparison.
- Ss answer: 1- Present
2- Valentine 4- Christmas
5- Birthday. -Ss answer: It’s
“Party”. -Ss listen
1. Describing pictures
- T asks Ss to look at the pictures, work in pair to answer the questions.
1. What is the relation between the people in the pictures? 2. What are they celebrating?
- T calls some Ss to give their answers. - T gives comments and suggested answers:
Picture 1: they belong to a family. They are celebrating a birthday.
Picture 2: they might belong to a family. They are celebrating a wedding anniversary.
2. Pre-teaching vocabulary:
Markv: đánh dấu Milestonen: cột mốc
Goldena: bằng vàng Golden anniversaryjubilee: đám cới vàng
Silver anniversaryjubilee: đám cới bạc Diamond anniversaryjubilee: đám cới kim c¬ng
- Before teaching these words, T helps Ss to pronounce them correctly.
- T presents or elicits the meanings of these words from the class.
- T gets Ss make sentences with these words. - T gives corrective feedback.
Work in pair
- Ss work in pair and answer the questions.
- Ss give their answers. - Ss listen.
- Ss write new words in their notebooks.
- Ss practice pronouncing these
words. - Ss make sentences.
- Ss listen.
- T sets the scene: You are going to read about how
- Ss listen. 30
While you read
American people celebrate birthdays and wedding anniversaries. Then you do the tasks that follow.
1. Task 1
- T gets Ss to read the passage silently and then do Task 1. T may want to give them some tips to do the task.
+ First, Ss should skim the seven statements to understand them. As Ss do this they underline the key words to decide
what information they need to find in the Text. + Then they should go back to the passage and locate the
key words in the passage. + Then they should read the key words carefully to find the
answer. - T gets Ss to check their answers with a peer.
- T calls on some Ss to give their answers and asks them to explain their choices.
- T checks the answers with the whole class. Answers:
birthday wedding 1. People sing a song
2. People eat cakes.
3. People receive cards and gifts from friends and relatives.
4. People joke about their ages.
5.People remember their wedding days.
6. People go out to dinner.
7. People blow out candles, one for
2. Task 2