Tải bản đầy đủ - 124trang
What was the Le family doing when the mailman came? What happened while Nga was eating? Presentation : - Elicit the model from S, using
Give feedback and correct. Homework : Write your post card in your notebooks.
Unit 12 :
I. OBJECTIVES : S will be able to talk about activities using the Present and post progressive tenses.
II. LANGUAGE CONTENTS :
- Grammar : post progressive and present progressive tenses. - Vocabulary
III. TEACHING AIDS : Pictures, cardboards. IV. PROCEDURES :
Warm up : group
say a simple sentence, the other group repeat.
Presentation : 1. Teaching grammar :
+ Set the scene : “ Look at picture a What was Ba doing at 8 o’clock
+ Elicit the answer from S, get S to repeat and write the sentence on the
board. Practice :
+ Model the first sentence and have S repeat.
+ Ask S to work through the rest of the cues.
+ Call on some S to go to the board and write the sentences.
2. Ask S to look at the pictures on p.119 and do the matching 120.
+ Call on some S to give their answers.
- Teaching grammar : Elicit the model sentences by
asking the questions + Get S to copy.
Ba was taking a shower at 8 o’clock last night.
past progressive tense Form : Waswere + V_ing
Use : To indicate an action that was in progress at a point of time in the past
Word Cue Drill
1. Ba take a shower. 2. Hoa have dinner.
3. Bao read a comic. 4. Nga write a letter.
5. Na walk with her dog. 6. Lan and her grandmother talk to
a. C b. F
c. E d. B
e. D f. A
1. What was the Le family doing when the mailman came?
2. What happened while Nga was eating?
3. Presentation : - Elicit the model from S, using
Vietnamese. - Have S repeat and write the
sentence on the board. - Ask S to look at the pictures.
- Model the first picture and have
S repeat. - Ask S to work through the rest of
the pictures. - Call on some S to go to the board
to write the sentences. The Le family was sleeping when then
the mailman came. The phone rang while
Nga was eating. Use : Sequence of tenses : An action
was taking place in the past when another action took place.
- Model sentences:
Bao is always forgetting his homework
Present progressive. Form : Is am are + always + V_ing
Use : To express a complaint picture Drill textbook practice.
- Consolidation : Remind model sentences. - Homework : Write complete sentences in the notebook.
Unit 13 :
Getting started + Listen and read I. OBJECTIVES : Reading for details about traditional festivals. S will be able to
ask for explanations of events. II. LANGUAGE CONTENTS :
- Grammar : Compound adjectives. - Vocabulary
III. TEACHING AIDS : Posters, cassette IV. PROCEDURES :
Warm up : Chatting
- Write the names on the board. - Tell S there people are going on
their visits to Vietnam and they need advice on where to go.
Presentation 1. Pre_teach Vocabulary :
Set the scene : Ba invite his friend Liz to a traditional festival in
the North of VN. Do you know what kind of festival it is? It is the rice
- Ask S to guess what they are going to read by asking questions
then write Ss’ answers on the board. Practice :
Ask S to open their books, read the dialogue and listen to the tape.
Check if Ss’ guesses are correct not.
Ask Ss’ to read the statements and check the boxes, using the
information in the dialogue.
Get S to give their answers and correct the false sentences.
Tom, David, Huckleberry, Oliver, Robinson.
Tom likes swimming and sunbathing. Where should he go? …… why ……
Vocabulary 1. to fetch 2. to yell = to take part in
3. to urge
4. to rub 5. to participate in 6. to award
+ How many competitions do people enter in a rice cooking festival?
+ In water fetching competition, what do people do? How about a fire making
competition? A rice cooking competition?
Rice cooking festival water fetching five making rice cooking. to fetch water to
make a fire to cook rice True or False :
a. F Only one team member take part in the water fetching contest.
b. F One person has to collect one water bottle.
c. T d. F Pieces of bamboo are used to make
the fire. e. F In the final contest, the judges
taste the rice. f. T